Benefits of Knee Replacement, cost in Mexico is considerably lower, fluent in English, friendly staff, Hospital staff members, hospitals in Tijuana, internationally trained, Knee Replacement, low costs, Mexico, physical therapy, renowned surgeons, Tijuana, Total Knee Replacement Surgery
Total Knee Replacement Surgery – Severe arthritis of the knee causing significant life altering pain or poor function is the main reason to have your knee replaced with a metal/polyethylene prosthetic. Knee replacement surgery is considered elective, meaning you can live without the surgery. Therefore you must understand all of the significant risks and benefits before opting for surgery.
If you’re considering a knee replacement in Tijuana, Mexico, you might initially be enticed solely by reports of low costs. After all, if you’re opting for either partial or total knee surgery in Mexico you can generally save between 30%-40% when compared with countries such as the USA and Canada. However, the cost of knee replacement in Mexico isn’t the only attractive feature of selecting this choice when making your surgery decisions. Good facilities, high standards of care and the option of a post-surgery vacation all make it an appealing proposition.
Benefits of Knee Replacement in Tijuana, Mexico
- The biggest benefit for many is that knee surgery cost in Mexico is considerably lower than in most of the developed world. This is not due to a decline in standards, but mainly because of a lower cost of living.
- There are a number of hospitals in Tijuana, Mexico which offer state of the art facilities, internationally trained and renowned surgeons and friendly staff. Many can be researched prior to your visit so that you can ensure the quality of care that you require.
- Hospital staff members are usually fluent in English and therefore there should be no need to worry about communication during your stay.
- Waiting lists tend to be considerably shorter than countries such as the UK, USA and Canada. This is a significant concern for people wishing to alleviate their condition as quickly as possible.
- Transport links to Tijuana are good. There is an International Airport which is a short distance from the downtown area – buses or authorized taxis are available to make the trip. Tijuana is also at a reasonable distance from the Californian border and is less than 20 miles from downtown San Diego.
- If you have the time and the inclination, Tijuana makes an excellent holiday destination. Following your surgery, you might like to check out the diverse cuisine, sites of historic interest and bustling markets.
- Recovering from a total knee replacement should take between 3-7 days and generally requires physiotherapy in the weeks that follow. If you require bilateral knee replacement in Mexico, surgery is either carried out on both knees at once or individually on different days. Check whether recuperation time is included in your quotation price.
- During your initial recuperation period, movement may be challenging so you might want to bring a companion for assistance. In addition, you may also require walking aids such as sticks, crutches or a walking frame.
- As with any procedure, there are certain risks associated with treatment. Therefore, if you decide to proceed with arthritis knee surgery in Mexico, you should discuss this fully with your surgeon.
- When you’re considering your surgery, research is critical. There are numerous facilities and surgeons who can carry out your knee surgery in Mexico; patient experience may offer you some useful insight into what to expect.